Thursday, February 21, 2008

On Friday night, a comedian died in New York.







I can not wait for The Dark Knight, but I think Watchmen has tied up the top spot. Every bit of information that comes out about Watchmen so far has been nothing short of amazing, including the above picture. The graphic novel is incredibly dense and visually stunning. There is an attention to detail in that book that makes it unrivaled in my opinion. The background of every frame is loaded with references to other events in the book and from the pics of the set it looks like that detail has been carried on to the movie. I was leery of Zack Snyder directing at first, but from what's been released so far it looks like he's done one hell of a job. From his previous work on Dawn of the Dead and 300, I have no doubt that he can pull off the visual aspects of Watchmen. I think he took some crap for 300 because it wasn't the greatest story, but it seemed like he was just trying to keep the movie very close to the graphic novel. A lot of the scenes from that movie are taken from the graphic novel verbatim. If he does keeps that close connection with Watchmen then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

No comments: